Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Asset Allocation and Asian stock exposure

As an asset allocation I have 25 per cent each in precious metals, equities, real estate, and bonds and cash. This may not be the best of allocation. But it’s a disciplined approach. Today no one can tell where the world will go in the next three to five years. But with such asset allocation I am sure that in terms of purchasing parity I will be better [off].

I have been investing in precious metals. In fact, whenever there is a sell-off I had added them in my portfolio. Among equities, my investment in the US is near to nothing, though recently I have added some oil shares. My largest exposure is in Asia with investments in Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and China. Six to nine months back I invested in China when valuations were really low and attractive. In 2012, I had invested in European shares. Some of my bond investments are in Latin America.